Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Monday




Yesterday we worked so hard. Okay, yesterday MORNING we worked so hard. Ella got her summer purse that we had to put her name on (picture above). I know, it is WAY too big for her but she has loads of stuff to carry around. We also worked very diligently on painting something for Mother's Day - and yes, they are in their underwear. Keep reading and you will see why. (I will include final picture later but didn't want the Grandmothers to see it - in case they were looking). The painting left Jude and Ella pink, green, yellow and blue all over, (if Nana and Mimi are reading they are probably scared now), but luckily it all washed off. Our next project was to clean leaves out of the flower bed and make a brick patio for Daddy's grill in the back. Our goal here is simple. If it looks nice out back maybe we can finally talk Dad into getting new patio furniture. I will say that Ella is a little workhorse. Jude on the other hand would prefer to slide, swing or just about anything else. I did get one picture where he was acting like he might be doing something to help. I had big plans for the afternoon too but they both took 3.5 hour naps so none of that happened...Are there child labor laws if they are YOUR children?

2 comments:

Joni said...

You mean the grill is going to leave the garage. I thought nothing left the garage once it entered.

Elizabeth said...

Girl, I work my kids to death. Brent says I run a sweatshop.